Dates: 7-11 March 2016
Location: CSIRO, Hobart, Australia
Teachers: Villy Christensen, Marta Coll, Jeroen Steenbeek, and Carl Walters.
This basic course of the Ecopath with Ecosim (EwE) modeling approach introduced the current capabilities of the EwE desktop software (www.ecopath.org).
This course provided a birds-eye view of all that the EwE modelling approach has to offer:
- Introduction to the foundation of the EwE approach and a discussion of basic parameterizations;
- Advanced parameterization of EwE models through online databases such as FishBase and WoRMS;
- Basic temporal modeling with Ecosim;
- Advanced temporal modeling such as fitting models to data and driving models with external drivers;
- Basic spatial-temporal modeling using the original Ecospace model;
- Advanced spatial-temporal modeling using new habitat capacity model;
- Demonstration how to drive the Ecospace model with varying time series of maps;
- Introduction to programming with the Ecopath with Ecosim source code.
The course was structured between presentations and computer time. Participants are invited to use their own models for the course